Selenium was considered a toxic element by the end of the 50’s, but now it is known as a powerful micronutrient, mineral and antioxidant. Although high doses are really toxic (more than one milligram per day), it is an important element of nutrition. Selenium is an essential part of antioxidant glutathione peroxidase enzyme . It helps to protect cells against the effects of free radicals produced during normal oxygen metabolism.
HAYA Selenium 100mcg, derived from selenomethionine is available in packs of 60 and 120 vege capsules.
- Powerful antioxidant that protects cell membranes from lipid peroxidation
- Low intake of selenium is associated with higher levels of various degenerative diseases
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Maintains healthy immune system
- Helps the body to get rid of toxic heavy metals
- Supports a healthy brain function
- Sustains joints health
A typical daily dosage is 100 mcgs;
Recommended daily allowance (RDA) for selenium is 55 mcgs,
The intake from all sources taken together should not exceed 400 mcgs per day;
Take 1 capsule 1-2 times a day with food.
- Large doses (800 mcgs per day or more) can cause toxicity and symptoms such as loss of hair, nails, skin lesions, abnormal conditions of the nervous system, digestive problems and breath odor of garlic. Consult a health professional if you experience any of these symptoms while taking selenium.
- There are no adverse events due to the intake of 200 mcgs per day in the form of an organic acid of selenium according to the long-term clinical studies.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a health professional before using this product.