Chromium was first discovered as a trace element in 1955. In 1959, the mineral is defined as the active component of human nutrition. Today it is known that it is important for efficient action of the insulin. The body of average healthy individual contains few milligrams chromium. However, this small amount plays an important role in increasing the effectiveness of insulin. It is regulating blood sugar levels and activation of various enzymes for the production of energy. It is believed that most North Americans have a typical depletion of chromium levels, and culture and eating habits in this region often fail to obtain adequate daily amount. Good dietary sources of chromium include whole grain breads and cereals, lean meat, cheese and some spices like black pepper and thyme. Nutritional yeast is also rich in chromium.
HAYA Chromium Picolinate 200mcg is available in packs of 100 or 250 vegetarian capsules.
- Together with insulin, chromium is a vital part of the body's natural mechanisms to control levels of sugar in the blood
- Supports healthy weight
- Supports good cholesterol balance
- Contributes to the health of blood vessels
- Can maintain good vision
A typical daily dose varies in the range 100-400 mcgs;
Take 1 capsule, 1-2 times per day with food.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, consult a health professional before using this product.
- In the presence of diabetes, consult a health professional before taking chromium picolinate (Chromium Picolinate), as it can alter the required dosage of prescribed medication.
- There is no evidence of toxicity associated with chromium picolinate (Chromium Picolinate).